Sunday 26 February 2012

Favourite Vampire Films by @leehardcastle

Lee Hardcastle 'makes claymations that are not for children', he's most know for 'T Is For Toilet' a short that will feature on the horror anthology 'The ABCs of Death' . And 'Pingu's The Thing', his fantastic tribute to John Carpenter's classic horror in the style of Pingu!



He has built a strong fan base for his work, with millions of viewers on his youtube channel! Check out his Website, and his Youtube channel for loads of gory fun, Lee stopped making Claymations long enough to talk about his favourite Vampire films...




I've put together a top 8 list of vampire films, I'm not a huge fan of the genre or know it all too well either which is evident when I could only put together a top 8 rather than a top 10. I mean, I've seen enough of them but they're so hit and miss with me. And there are a lot that I haven't seen, especially the famous British ones and #1 favourite Nosferatu.

I decided to do a list on vampires because, it got me thinking, despite not being a big fan of the genre there are a few vampire films which I adore with real passion and here they are;

[Not in any particular order]

Lifeforce



Caught this one on TV when I was a little boy, it is a lot of fun. It mixes genres and has everything.

Monster Squad



LH: One of my life long favourite films, a group of monsters led by Mr. D himself attempt to fudge things up.
DK: I love Monster Squad too! A childhood fave, I need to buy it for my collection.
LH Got the VHS, 4:3 ratio baby! The start of the tape is held together with sticky tape it's had that much play.

Fearless Vampire Killers



It's a daft comedy but what I consider a pitch perfect vampire film, beautiful stuff and an amazing soundtrack.

From Dusk Till Dawn



Rodriguez is the film equivalent of a sugar rush and I am a huge fan of the 'tino, mix them together to make a film of this genre... "Welcome to slavery. No thanks, I already have a wife."

Lost Boys




Not a lot can be said that hasn't already. It's my most favorite vampire film.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (92)



Such a joy to watch, a one of a kind. Visually, it's orgasmic. The closing Annie Lennox track is proper icing.

Let the Right One In



LH: This one caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting to be as blown away as I was. I haven't seen the remake but apparently it's even better?!
DK: It's pretty much screen for screen the same, but I think it loses some of what made the original edgy.

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders



At film school this was one of my tutor's favourite films, he was a homosexual and made the class watch some right obscure dodgy shit. This was one of them.

Thanks to Lee for spending some time talking about his fave Vampire movies, check out his website and youtube, and say hello to him on twitter @leehardcastle

1 comment:

  1. I just watched "Pingu's The Thing". Excellent work! A must see.

    ReplyDelete