Thursday 29 December 2011

Best Movies of 2011

This being 'Disturbed Kids', I've compiled my favourite "Cult & Horror & Gore & Weird" Movies of 2011.

5. Rare Exports

A very different 'horror' take on the Santa mythology. I thought this started to get really good just as it ended, still enough creepy horror to make my list.

4. Super



It's much more than just a Kick-Ass clone! It's not really that much like it, in tone anyway. A very weird, dark, brutal and quirky indie alternative. Future cult classic in the making.

3. 13 Assassins



Takashi Miike's samurai film is truly awesome, the 45 minute action finale is stunning and well orchestrated. Enough blood for gore hounds.

2. Drive



I absolutely love this movie! It really got under my skin (in a good way), it's the
coolest film of 2011; stylish, visceral and a unique soundtrack. Timeless and an instant cult classic!

1. I Saw The Devil



A massively original and inventive thriller; part serial killer movie and part revenge actioner. This is destined to be (badly) re-made by Hollywood. Genius!

Honourable Mentions: The Woman, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Stake Land, Troll Hunter and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.

Most Gory: Hobo With A Shotgun
Most F'd Up: Human Centipede 2

No comments:

Post a Comment